As I mentioned yesterday, I tackled some DIY projects this weekend. These two pieces of furniture saved us HUGE bucks in the nursery! The total of these projects cost me less than $50 and I still have materials left over for other DIY thingys.
- Clean and patch and bumps. (I like my furniture to have character so I leave them!)
- Remove drawers and handles.
- 1. Two coats of primer since the dresser was a laminate/gloss surface + two coats of high gloss Behr Cotton Whisper.
- 2. Three coats teal on inside of dresser.
- 3. Two coats spray paint on dresser feet. Attach top plates to bottom of dresser.
- 4. Two coats spray paint on new handles.
- 5. Reattach handles and add feet.
Now I just need to have the shelves cut to size and added in plus a few final touches! I will recap when I get that done so you can see the FINAL finished product. Here is another dresser re-do that is similar to mine but much more in depth. Looking for more inspiration?
Side Table Re-Do
(Much like the process above.)
- Clean and prep the table.
- Remove handles.
- Two coats primer.
- Two coats Cotton Whisper.
- Two coats teal.
- Reattach handle.
So there you have it! I am so glad we decided to repurpose furniture rather than buy new. Not only did we save money but I will remember making these special things for my lil girl!
Have you tried to save moola by taking on a DIY project?
What DIY project are you most proud of?