Wahhhhh. It’s tax season.
I should be thrilled, but it can be such a headache for small business owners and bloggers like myself. There is a lot that goes in to tracking business expenses and income and I have to be honest and say, it’s not my thang.
This year, I would like to:
- hire an accountant
- go LLC.
- be more organized
I feel like all three of these things will lessen the stress and reduce the likelihood that I curl up in the fetal position to cry. (forehead > desk. Repeat)
I rounded up some great resources for you on dealing with taxes as a small business owner. I know soooo many moms who are trying to work from home with Etsy, blogging, Jamberry, Mary Kay, etc. This should help shed some light on your troubles!
I highly encourage you to read ALL of these!
1) Tax Tips for Bloggers + Income Printable – Northern Belle Diaries
2) 10 Legitimate Tax Deductions for Bloggers – Lets Build Websites
3) Tax Prep for Bloggers – Pretty Providence
4) Is My Blog A Business – Mother’s Niche
5) How to Organize Your Taxes – A Bowl Full of Lemons
6) Tax Time: What Bloggers Need to Know – Katy Widrick
These resources are so great and in the next few weeks (as I frantically buckle down and get organized) I will make notes and then share my system so you can get ahead of the game with me for next year!
If you want to keep all of these links in a safe place, just follow my Pinterest board. I have them saved along with a few other infographics!
Good luck and please share any secrets or tips you have learned along the way!